Nishimura Advanced Ceramics produces Alumina based micro porous ceramics and nano porous ceramics.
Nishimura’s porous alumina ceramics contains a myriad of micro pores . Liquid or gas which have smaller particle than pore can go through or stay in porous ceramics. We can arrange porosity and pore size according to customer’s requests.
shape： ball, bar, plate, pellet. Shaped products are also possible, feel to ask from here.
Properties of porous ceramics
- Passing liquid or gas through
- Lighter than other ceramics
- Outstanding small pore size 0.1um(100nm)
By having these properties, especially outstanding small pore size 0.1um, Nishimura’s porous ceramics can be used in many ways.
Common applications of porous ceramics
- For liquid absorption It can absorb and keep any liquid.
- Liquid separation After taking water repellent treating, it can separate oil and water.
- Carrier of fragrance, deodorant, and germicide. It can support any liquid, and keep the liquid for a long term.
- Bactericide It can support silver or another kind of germicide, and it is used as a bactericide.
- Filter Porous ceramic is used as a liquid or gas’s filter/separation. Catalyst can keep platinum oxide as well. Deodorization/ Decompose of exhaust gas. Malodorous component removing.
- Nano bubble It can be used as a nano-bubble generator. We can also arrange porosity, pore size, and type of shapes according to customer’s request. Please feel free to ask us if you are interested.
When we take the original water repellent treating, the ceramic doesn’t soak up the water-based ink.
Without the water repellent treating, it absorbs water-based ink.
The characteristic chart
|Bulk specific gravity||1.5||2.51||2.5|
|pore size*（μm）||1.4||under measuring||0.1(100nm)|
|Bending strength（MPa）||Much Stronger than R-200
|Max.Heat resistant temperature(℃)||1100||1500|
|Shape||ball, pellet, round bar, square bar, pipe, plate, tube, and shaped products.|
|Example||For liquid absorption||It can absorb and keep any liquid.|
|Liquid separation||After taking water repellent treating, it can separate oil and water.|
|Carrier of fragrance, deodorant, and germicide.||It can support any liquid, and keep the liquid for a long term.|
|Bactericide||It can support silver or another kind of germicide, and it is used as a bactericide.|
|Filter||Porous ceramic is used as a liquid or gas’s filter/separation.|
|Catalyst||It can keep platinum oxide as well. Deodorization/ Decompose of exhaust gas. Malodorous component removing.|
|Nano bubble||It can be used as a nano-bubble generator|
*Median pore diameter
Bigger pore porous ceramics（Available for bigger shape）
This material is a porous ceramic which has rougher pore size. Pore size (Median diameter) is 2～16μm. Porosity is higher as well.
It is available in big size (Max. ∮500 mm)
|Porosity %||46.9||51.7||47.5||47.2||JIS R1655|
|Shape||Square plate, Round plate, Square bar|
|Usefulness||Vacuum chuck, Filter, and so on.|
*Median pore diameter
R-200 Porous alumina crucible
We have made a crucible by R-200. This crucible is made by mechanical press, so possible to supply in lower price.
It has very high water absorption, so it will support a liquid long time. It is possible to support any kind of liquid such as fragrance or silver liquid.
It will also work as a liquid separation.
Sample size φ40×50H
N-99EP nano porous alumina crucible