Nishimura Advanced Ceramics produce porous Alumina in levels of micro porous ceramics and nano porous ceramics.
customize porosity and pore size according to customer’s requests.
shape： ball, bar, plate, pellet. customize products are also possible, feel free to ask here.
features of porous ceramic
- Passing liquid or gas through
- Lighter than other ceramics
- Outstanding small pore size 0.1um(100nm)
By these features , especially outstanding small pore size 0.1um, Nishimura’s porous ceramics can be applied in many ways.
Common applications of porous ceramics
- Liquid absorption.
- Liquid separation After taking water repellent treatment, it can separate oil and water.
- Carrier of fragrance, deodorant, and germicide. It can support any liquid, and keep the liquid for a long term.
- Bactericide. It can support silver or another kind of germicide.
- Filter Porous ceramic is used as a liquid or gas’s filter/separation.
- Catalyst, can keep platinum oxide. providing deodorization/ decompose of exhaust gas and also malodorous component removing.
- Nano bubble It can be used as a nano-bubble generator. We can also arrange porosity, pore size, and type of shapes according to customer’s request. Please feel free to ask us if you are interested.
When we take the original water repellent treating, the ceramic doesn’t soak up the water-based ink.
Without the water repellent treating, it absorbs water-based ink.
The characteristic chart
|Bulk specific gravity||1.5||2.51||2.5|
|pore size*（μm）||1.4||under measuring||0.1(100nm)|
|Bending strength（MPa）||Much Stronger than R-200
|Max.Heat resistant temperature(℃)||1100||1500|
|Shape||Ball, Pellet, Round Bar, Square Bar, Pipe, Plate, Tube, and Customize Products.|
|Example||Liquid absorption||absorb and keep any liquid.|
|Liquid separation||After taking water repellent treatment, it can separate oil and water.|
|Carrier of fragrance, deodorant, and germicide.||It can support any liquid, and keep the liquid for a long term.|
|Bactericide||It can support silver or another kind of germicide.|
|Filter||Porous ceramic is used as a liquid or gas’s filter/separation.|
Catalyst, can keep platinum oxide. providing deodorization/ decompose of exhaust gas and also malodorous component removing.
|Nano bubble||It can be used as a nano-bubble generator|
*Median pore diameter
Large pore porous ceramics（Available for large size）
This material is a porous ceramic which has rougher pore size. Pore size (Median diameter) is 2～16μm. Porosity is higher as well.
It is available to make a Maximum size ∮500 mm.
|Porosity %||46.9||51.7||47.5||47.2||JIS R1655|
|Shape||Square plate, Round plate, Square bar|
|Usage||Vacuum chuck, Filter, and so on.|
*Median pore diameter
R-200 Porous alumina crucible
We have made a crucible by R-200. This crucible is made by mechanical press.
Therefore, it is possible to be purchased in a more affordable price.
It has very high water absorption, so it will support a liquid for long time.
It is possible to support any kind of liquid such as fragrance or silver liquid.
It will also work as a liquid separation.
Sample size φ40×50H
N-99EP nano porous alumina crucible
N-99EP is Alumina 99% ceramic-based nanoporous ceramics produced in the Nishimura factory in Kyoto, Japan.
- Porosity 35％
- Pore size 0.1μm
- Water absorption 13.9%
Tiny Porous ceramics
Porous ceramics that made by NK-3000W.
Commonly used as vacuum chuck, suction pad and filter.