Aluminum Titanate(N-420) is composed of Al₂O₃ and TiO₂.(Al₂TiO₅) This material had great non-wettability for molten metal. Widely used as a crucible for molten Aluminum.
- Excellent high thermal resistance, High refractoriness (1500°)
- Strongest resistance for rapid thermal.
- Extremely low thermal expansion(0.7×10‐6/℃)
- Excellent no-wettability for molten metal.
- Machinable ceramics, possible to take a machining process on sintered ceramic body.
- N-420 Aluminum Titanate material is the strongest ceramic for rapid thermal because it has a high refractoriness and a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
- N-420 Aluminum Titante is applicable material as a burner tip, a nozzle, and a crucible.